Welcome

Welcome to ASDEC Multisensory Math Online. This is where you can connect with your instructor and other class participants. You may submit questions to the instructor by email and they may be answered on the blog for all participants to follow. I sincerely hope you enjoy the class.

Saturday, September 7, 2019

Coming to the End of the Course


We are coming to the end of our Multisensory Math Course.  Our final office hours video conference is about to occur.  I will answer questions, reiterate our core principles and strategies and encourage you to practice the language which supports meaning and  memory.  Those of us on the math team sincerely hope you have gained new skills and knowledge from your work with us over the past two months.  Try to summarize in your own mind the key components and strategies from this course and above all pay attention to your instructional language. 

Remember that even when students are not identified as having learning challenges, there will be those in your classes, those whom you are called to support or tutor, who do have learning differences and will benefit from the strategies in this approach.

View of the videos will end at midnight Sunday September 15th.  This blog will be available until Wednesday.  Dropbox access will end with the closing of the ASDEC access portal for this course section. 

Please continue to do good work.  Support all learners with concept based instruction which is delivered in a manner appropriate to their learning needs.  Be of good cheer and remember that there is no reason for most people to be weak in math skills.  Your students will appreciate what you do for them.   Help them succeed. 


2 comments:

  1. I have completely enjoyed taking this course and it has completely changed my view of teaching math. I work in a private special education high school and have students taking Algebra and Geometry but I realize many of course are weak on the basics. Previously to taking this course I thought the ship had sailed and I should encourage and teach them to use calculators but of course now I have put the calculators away and realize if they don't know the basics they can't learn the more difficult concepts. I feel a little overwhelmed as to where to start but I made up my own lesson, which you will see, on even and odd numbers and it worked out very well and the kids really enjoyed using manipulatives. I have watched the videos two times each and still need to watch more. Thank you for this experience and I hope I can take MMII one day. Do I need to take a language course in order to get into MMII? Does a Wilson Course count?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have completely enjoyed this course. I realized that concrete teaching ,using manipulatives, is important for all students.

    ReplyDelete

Only current participants in this class should post comments and questions.